Saturday, January 20, 2018

Here's to 2018!

I love new beginnings. Starting over. Starting anew. Refreshed.

That's the reason I've always loved the New Year. And mornings. I feel like anything is possible during those times.

Over the past few weeks, we have been putting together our goals for this coming year. Well, maybe some are goals while others are just guiding principles. Nevertheless, there's a complete list of them now. As I have mentioned before,  I tend to be a tad eager with my pursuits and just operate under the assumption that even if we're forced to cut some items, the lofty lineup will ensure an action-packed year.

Having a list is great (the wife loves her a list) but most the items can be summed up in a few over-simplified statements: I want to be a better person this year, I want to spend more time outside this year, I want to do more things I want to do and less things I don't want to do.

Basically.

And I just want to appreciate it all more.

The List


  • take my son backpacking in the Grand Canyon
  • climb another 14er in Colorado in June
  • take my parents to the White Mountains in NH
  • get my memoir, the one I finished last year, published
  • go on my first bikepacking trip to Southern Utah in May/June
  • write more thank-you notes
  • find better balance with work and home
  • get the family and dog out on the trail more
  • teach the dog a new trick
  • sleep out under the stars as often as possible

What's on your list?

-JW






No comments:

Post a Comment